Plan 9 wiki documents are written using a simple markup notation. Text is free format with the following exceptions.
BLANK LINE FOR NEW PARAGRAPH
- A blank line begins a new paragraph.
- If a paragraph contains only capital letters, it is a section heading.
- If a line begins with a *, it begins a new item in a bulleted list.
- If a line begins with a !, it is formatted in typewriter font and uninterpreted. This is useful for typescripts and program listings.
- A link is denoted by putting text in square brackets. The text can be "name of local link" or "url" or "text | url". Local link names are not case sensitive.
- Plan 9 manual page references are automatically made into links, as in man(1).
- To insert a separation line enter five or more ----- in a single line.
That's all. Note in particular that arbitrary HTML tags are not valid, so as to make the pages friendly to those using the Acme client rather than a web browser.
If you're looking at this page in Acme, this _is_ the example. If you want to play around with the syntax, try the sandbox. Just try it! Enjoy.
- When using '!' to preformat lines, use spaces instead of tabs because tabs are interpreted differently in different web browsers; also use a fixed font in acme to get the proper layout.