This page lists known issues with Plan 9 installer:
- 9load wont detect your IDE CD-ROM reader device if it's not set as Primary or Secondary Master. Workaround: set your cd-rom as Secondary Master.
- Currently there is no way to use a usb mouse during install, but it's possible to install without using the mouse.
Resolved issues as of 11/04/2005:
- If using the text mode installer, page will complain about missing $wsys. You can ignore that error message. FIXED by 20h.
- Kfs broken: one can select kfs, but it doesn't work. Please use fossil instead, kfs is not supported and probably will be removed soon. FIXED: kfs support has been removed.
- Currently the installer is broken due to missing fcp command used by replica, 20h's patch to add venti installation includes a fix for this. Workaround: you can bind(1) /bin/cp on top of /bin/fcp. FIXED: fcp has been added to the install floppy.
- If your MBR is not empty(eg., you have installed lilo before) the installer will not ask you install the Plan 9 MBR, you are expected to manage to boot Plan 9 from your existing boot loader or install the mbr by hand. FIXED: You are now asked if you want to install it when choosing "plan9" as bootmethod.