BEFORE INSTALLING THE SYSTEM
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs - The main paper.
- README - by Brian Kernighan
JUST AFTER INSTALLING THE SYSTEM
- intro(1) - introduction to Plan 9 man page
- The Unix Programming Environment by Brian W. Kernighan and Rob Pike. ISBN 0-13-937681-X (paperback), 0-13-937699-2 (hardback)
- How to Use the Plan 9 C Compiler - Introduction to the Plan 9 developement environment, not only the compilers, but the libraries, build(mk(1)) and debugging(acid(1)) tools. A must read for developers new to Plan 9.
- Resources about threaded programming in the Bell Labs CSP style by Russ S. Cox.
- The Ubiquitous File Server in Plan 9 (2005) by C. H. Forsyth.
- Distributed Computing With Plan 9 by Sape Mullender and Dave Presotto.
- Notes on the Plan 9 kernel source: PDF, PDF A4 GZ¸ ASCII plain text; and the corresponding kernel source snapshot.
- Communicating Sequential Processes (CSP) by Tony Hoare - CSP is the concurrency model used in Inferno and thread(2) - For more information see http://www.usingcsp.com