9fans is a list for discussion about Plan 9 and related technologies.
An unidirectional gateway forwards all 9fans emails to the Usenet group comp.os.plan9; this used to be a bidirectional gateway, but seems to be broken, so please only post to 9fans directly and not to comp.os.plan9.
Please avoid sending messages containing MIME or HTML.
9fans is archived in various places:
- http://9fans.net/archive/ - Complete archives.
- http://marc.info/?l=9fans - Full searchable archives at MARC
- http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.os.plan9.general - Web interface to archives since 2002.
- http://www.bx.psu.edu/~schwartz/9fans - Complete archives in mbox format. (404!)
- http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=Plan9-9fans - Archives sinde 2004, searchable and rss feeds.
- comp.os.plan9 archives in Google Groups
You can also email email@example.com for support or report bugs. But probably using 9fans is a better idea as the persons taking care of 9trouble are usually very busy.
Vita Nuova runs an Inferno Mailing List for the discussion related to the Inferno operating system and the Limbo programming language.
To subscribe to the list, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the word "subscribe" in the subject or body of the message.
The following lists are not actively used. Their archives are listed for the curious.
- email@example.com This was intended as a list for Plan 9 developers but was shut down because all discussions were in 9fans anyway. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/plan9dev (archives offline, we are trying to bring them back one way or another)
- 9fans.es: http://groups.google.com/group/9fans-es/about
- 9fans.de: Archive is missing.
- Tokyo Inferno/Plan 9 Users Group
- plan9-tech: http://groups.google.com/group/plan9-tech/about
- plan9changes: http://groups.google.com/group/plan9changes
- 9phackers: http://groups.google.com/group/9p-hackers