FOLKS IN ACADEMIA
Dave Eckhardt - Carnegie Mellon University
- Computer Science (OS, Networks)
YAMANASHI Takeshi - 9.nashi AT gmail DOT com - Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Administrating computer systems at Titech
- User registration form system running on Plan 9
- Member of TIP9UG
Kenji Arisawa - Aichi University
FOLKS IN INDUSTRY
Marina Brown marina at surferz dot net
- Mainly a unix admin but falling in love with Plan9
Brantley Coile - brantley AT coraid DOT com - Athens, GA. Also here at Coraid are Sam Hopkins and Ed Cashin.
- Plan 9 based storage product selling well
- Used Plan 9 first in early 1990.
- Developed PIX firewall on Plan 9.
- Plan 9 is still our development base for our new startup
Geoff Collyer - geoff AT plan9 DOT bell-labs DOT com
- simplifying administration of complex sites
- probably will be working on drivers
- first contact with Plan 9 in 1992 or 1993; owner of a 2e licence
Bruce Ellis - brucee AT 9netics DOT com - 9Netics/Rangboom
- Chief Software Architect for Rangboom
- Windows IFS (Installable Filesystem) to 9P gateway
Charles Forsyth - forsyth AT vitanuova DOT com - www.terzarima.net
- powerpc compilers and kernel (for BeBox port)
- amd64 compiler suite
- use it day in, day out, out of day
Erik Quanstrom - quanstro AT coraid DOT com
- storage drivers: aoe, ahci, marvell orion
- network drivers: intel gigabit and 10gbe pcie drivers, myricom 10gbe driver
- direct ata commands
- moving history between fileservers
- diskless ken's fileserver
- upas scalability
Steve Simon - steve AT quintile DOT net
- client file servers: netware, cifs, ldap, webDAV, snmp, cvs
- u9cpu (cpu client for unix) - ssh but exports local environment
- video processing tools & a little language to control them (rc won't do)
Anthony Sorace - anthony AT strand1 DOT com - Strand 1
- Maintaining and enhancing the pq database.
- Working on telecom services using Inferno, Plan 9, and related tools.
- Working to help Plan 9 and friends play well with others.
Skip Tavakkolian - 9nut AT 9netics DOT com - 9Netics/Rangboom
- Inspired by Plan 9, came up with the concept for Rangboom
- Works on and in Plan 9 everyday.
- Owner of a 2nd ed. Plan9 license
Eric Van Hensbergen (ericvh) - ericvh AT gmail DOT com - IBM Austin Research Lab
- Tech-transfer to Linux (v9fs, plan9ports, etc.)
- Plan 9 Hypervisor Support
- PowerPC 64-bit Plan 9 Support
- PROSE Project (9p resource sharing library OS)
- Blue Gene Port
Jeff Sickel - jas AT corpus-callosum DOT com
- Influenced by Plan 9 and Inferno, used extensively to build an aero-acoustic levitator.
- 9p for 16-bit dsPIC
- Enjoys 2nd ed. Plan 9 books on the shelf
John Floren - jfloren.net - Sandia National Labs
- 64-bit kernel hacking
- Exascale computing
Federico G. Benavento (fgb) - benavento AT gmail DOT com - Law/Arts student - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Peter A. Cejchan (++pac) - pac7 AT post DOT cz- biologist @ Academy of Sciences, Prague, CZ
- Imaging, biology, chemistry
- 60+ APE ports, some native development
- Plan 9 user since 3e
- serving The neXt archive of Plan 9 stuff
Chris Collins (kuroneko) - chris AT collins DOT id DOT au - Tech Support, Ursys Pty Ltd, AU
- Porting to sparc/mips/whatever he has spare
- Interested in OS design
- Random hacking
Lyndon Nerenberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> - Vancouver, Canada
- email (better IMAP client and server support)
- typesetting tools (chem, simple integration of 3rd-party Postscript fonts)
- boat stuff: NMEA 183 and 2000 file servers; sailboat racing performance analysis and strategy tools; charting software
- ham radio bits (logging software, propagation analysis, radio control)
- implement the (good) missing bits from 2e (and 10ed UNIX)
- cat-v.org nut.
- werc cms maintainer.
- Spread the Plan 9 ideas, style and philosophy.
- Build a more active and involved community.
- Random hacking.
ChrisGarrod at gmail.com - SanDiego California - 20070518.1655 GMT
- a very slow learner of Plan9 -- since about 1995 after attending a seminar at UCSD by Ken Thompson
- "Linux is an inferior clone of Unix"
- "Plan9 is Unix without root # the fundamental flaw of Unix"
- Thank you Bell Labs, iou++
Joel “chesky” Salomon — JoelCSalomon at Gmail.com — Cooper Union, New York, NY
- Electrical Engineering undergraduate
- Irritating the professor of the Operating Systems course with, “but Plan 9 handles this so much better…” ☺
Vester "Vic" Thacker - vester.thacker AT gmail DOT com
- Interested in Plan 9 security and software development
james francis toy iv -- email@example.com
- Plan 9 port to OLPC XO-1 (see Tim Newsham as well)
Eli "echoline" Cohen - echoline AT gmail DOT com
- Computer Science student at Eastern Oregon University
- Trying to write a driver for the EeePC (could use help on this)
- Plan9 reminds him of his homeworld
David du Colombier - djc AT 9grid DOT fr - Paris, France
- 9grid.fr's maintainer
- Using Plan 9 and Inferno since 2004
- Interested in OS research
- Random hacking
sl - stanley DOT lieber AT gmail DOT com