- Name: uriel
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Www: http://cat-v.org
- Blog: http://www.advogato.org/person/uriel/
- Note: Sadly, uriel passed away in 2012. His software projects, document archives, and tireless advocacy of non-harmful software are a lasting and significant contribution to the Plan 9 community.
- werc document management system
- The Documentation Archive: Collection of Plan 9, Inferno and other related documents and papers
- NineTimes: Plan 9, Inferno and 9P news
- 9P Resources
- Integrate Inferno or 'native' dis in main Plan 9 distribution
- Fix licenses to allow better sharing of components with other projects(troff, ?c, ...)
- open up 9trouble
- Release management plan(proposal: daily snapshots; full release every six months)
- Installer/bootable system unification, floppy deprecation
- Move ports page to wiki
- Do something about comp.os.inferno and comp.lang.limbo (what about comp.os.plan9?)
- issue/bug/task/feature tracking system? (bugfs?)
- 9grid.net update
- Have http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/plan9/ updated
- sources mirrors (20h, nashi, uriel,nemo)
- Better documentation, in particular document devlopment process and how to get involved. (uriel)
- Reduce split of codebases and documentation between p9p and Plan 9 (oksel)
- Access to grid.plan9.bell-labs.com -> ericvh?
- New main page(rsc, uriel; almost done)
- News page/site (see news(1)?) -> Given up, see NineTimes instead.
- Add http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/fossil.pdf to papers page.
- Stablish procedure to get your own sources dir. See: How to contribute
- Monthly irc meetings. See: Town Hall Meetings
- Setup Plan 9 Documentation Task Force
- Have an automatically generated changelog and commits-list
- Extend to use of patch(1) with comments for all changes done to the main distribution. The people at the Labs just wont do it.
- Make awk work properly (use rc for system and |, errstr, exits, more things that I forgot)
- HTML version of vgadb(6) and plan9.ini(8) are broken.
- cpp breaks when finding ' inside // comments
- cpp should ignore // ... at the end of #statements
Current wiki short term features:
- Make /n/sources/.. strings into links to the sources web interface(once it's up)
- Nested lists(syntax still not decided)
- Explicity syntax for headers and sub-headers(tentative syntax: << Second header >>), this is needed by wikis in languages that don't use latin alphabets.
- Url-encode page names in the web interface.
- The web interface for the wiki seems to not set the proper header to avoid browser caching in the wrong cases(need to investigate exact causes).
- Script to check for broken wiki links
- Display missing pages nicely, ie., return only index.html for missing pages only on walk, might break something?
- A way to scape [ and ] - I have a partial fix for this, that makes [ not become a link(even when] appears later in the same line), but I can't find a sane way to have it displayed as a single braket, specially in acme(could be done for HTML interface but would be an ugly hack).
- A way to force new lines - not sure how either, and probably not even a good idea.
- New css based style for web interface
- ----- -> hr
- Relative links
- https links are broken (eg. https://lists.cse.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/9fans)
- Add extra info to what's new
- Replace "Edit" and "New" web pages with ones explaining that the web interface is disabled and acme is needed. (rsc removed the links, so not needed anymore)
- Better display of html diffs, show deleted and changed text.
Acme's Wiki features and bugs
- Better conflicting commit error reporting
- Make Zerox work properly, in particular edits in Zeroxed window(Maybe fixed by AxelB's fixes?)
TO MOVE TO SOURCES
- f2f's stuff (ffmpeg and xaos still missing?)
- pegasus, rit and latest python
- New wiki/HIT
- Wikipedia Plan 9/Inferno related pages work, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Lost.goblin
- TPOP links broken.
- Boydo hacking prize
- "The elements of Kernel hacking style" -> nemo, bruce perens series
- Talk at mozdev meeting
- Document pci ID card identification in vgadb(6) and remove BUGS section
- Make 'grow' operation show as much of the file as possible
- A way for apps to enable the 'scratch' bit on windows
- Make acme/Mail use the built-in Undo/Redo mechanisms
- In acme/Mail 'save' should give some feedback to the current email page(maybe just make 'save' go away from tag bar?)